Chili Ginger Garlic Honey Wings have it all – heat, sweet, char, stickiness, and tonnes of intense flavour – what more could a wing lover ask for? Almost everything you need to make these wings is right in the title!
I really don’t get to cook with chicken very often, but when I do, I usually turn to recipes that are tried and true, and are favourites of mine. This particular chicken wing recipe was something I had invented in a hurry a few years back.
It was my first official Oscar night get together – I had watched the Oscars before, but never in a party setting. At first, I thought it weird, but it was actually quite nice. I loved the playful banter and competition. And, with a crowd, there’s actually someone to talk with during those long Oscar night commercial breaks!
That particular night, it was announced without warning that a few friends were coming over to watch the awards. Being the OCD hostess that I am, I knew chips and dip would not cut it. In a panic, I looked in the refrigerator and saw the package of wings.
With no time to shop on a Sunday evening, these wings came together quite nicely with the ingredients that I had on hand. Since that evening, I’ve made these wings numerous times, so it was quite nice to revisit this recipe after a long four or five years.
Now, Dear Reader, the time has come for me to share this recipe with you. You won’t believe how easy this recipe is to make. It’s a bake it and forget about it kind of recipe. Well, don’t forget about it; they will burn, but you know what I mean!
These wings are perfect every time with just a little heat, a little bit of sweet, and a whole lot of stickiness! And, if you’re a wing lover at all, you know just as well as I do that if a chicken wing sauce isn’t sticky, then it’s just not a chicken wing sauce! Am I right?
Chili Ginger Garlic Honey Wings are just what the name suggests – chicken wings that are flavoured with chili, ginger, and garlic. Those ingredients are held together with honey and a few other simple ingredients. The result is a very delicious sauce with lots of flavour.
You can add more chilies if you want more heat, if you want more sweet, drizzle the finished wings with a little more honey. And, don’t forget about that freshly grated ginger. It adds a bright, fresh flavour that you’ll love. Just look at the little strands of freshly grated ginger baked into that stick sauce in the photos! Yum!
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later! Click HERE!
Chili Ginger Garlic Honey Wings
- 24 pieces chicken wings
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place the dried chicken wings on the parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between each wing. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, whisk together the remaining ingredients with the exception of the green onions.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush each wing – both sides – with the sauce mixture. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the last step two more times.
- Place the wings on a serving platter and garnish with freshly sliced green onions, or if you prefer, add more heat – fresh, thinly sliced chilies would work very well! Serve immediately.
Are you making this recipe? Show me your version! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook! @lordbyronskitchen | #lordbyronskitchen